USFA EDUCATION GRANT INFORMATION
The Utah Steel Fabricators Association (USFA) provideS $4,000.00 dollars annually to the USFA Education Grant Fund. This money is then be distributed in amounts no less than $250.00 and no greater than $2,500.00 to applicants who are chosen to receive the funds. The funds will be awarded to those institutions or individuals who successfully demonstrate the need and ability to utilize financial assistance in the field of steel fabrication.
The purpose of these funds is to help programs and individuals progress in the field of fabrication where otherwise advancement might be difficult.
1. The applicant may either be a program director or faculty member at an accredited vocational school or college.
2. The applicant may also be a student who has been accepted and is enrolled at an accredited vocational program.
3. The applicant must complete and submit the application prior to April 1ST 10:00 PM.
· Applications Due: April 1st Annually
· Decisions declared: May 1st Annually
· Funds transferred via check: May 15th Annually
Basis of Selection
1. USFA will select the recipients that project a long term contribution to the Local Fabrication Market
2. USFA desires to assist those programs and individuals that have an earnest desire to progress in the field of fabrication.
3. USFA hopes to provide opportunities to any of the various areas of the industry such as, drafting, welding, and layout.
Use of Funds
USFA considers the appropriate use of the funds to be towards any application that will provide training and opportunities to further education that otherwise would not exist.
Properly used funds would include but would not be limited to:
· Tuition assistance
· Lab fees
· Text books
· Welding Consumables
· Software Licensing
· Durable fabrication and welding equipment
Improperly used funds would include but would not be limited to:
· Group meals or luncheons
· Travel expenses for faculty or students
· The minimum amount of funding for which any one school, program, or student can apply is $250.00.
· The maximum amount of funding is limited by the geographical disbursement.
Northern Zone: $2,500.00
The Northern Zone extends from the point of the Mountain in Lehi northward to the most northern border of the state.
Southern Zone: $1,500.00
The Southern Zone extends from the point of the Mountain in Lehi to the southernmost border of the state.
For further information or questions contact: